Navigating the Moodle Dashboard
There are two main page views you will encounter in Moodle: the Dashboard, and individual Moodle course pages.
- The account @ pacificu.edu menu - From here you can go to quick links from your my Account, you can go directly to the Library homepage, or you can click on More to go to additional myAccount services.
- Navigation Drawer - From here you can navigate to your other courses.
- Course Overview area - In this section you can filter and sort your course list.
- Moodle Help & Tutorials block - This link will take you to Moodle help tutorials.
Course Overview Block features:
You have six options to filter your course list. You can "Star" or "Hide" a course by clicking the three dots.
You can also Sort the course list:
Recently Accessed Courses Block
You can easily get to the ten most recently accessed courses from the Recently Accessed Courses block. By default it will most likely appear below the Course Overview Block, but you can move it anywhere on the Dashboard page by the Customize this page button.
Other Configuration Options
You can close and hide/delete blocks in the left and right margins to manage the display of your Dashboard and your individual course home pages.
- Navigation Drawer - You can click on the icon with three vertical lines to open/close the Navigation Drawer on the margin of your screen.
- To hide or delete Content blocks from the right side of the screen:
- Click on "Customize this page" to open editing options for your Dashboard screen.
2. Click on the Compass icon to move a block. Click on the Gray gear icon to open an editing menu from which you can Hide or Delete. Click on Stop customizing this page to save changes and return to your normal Dashboard view.