Embedding YouTube Videos
Moodle allows you to embed a video housed on an external video-sharing site, like YouTube, anywhere you have a Content Editing block. We recommend using the Page resource for embedding videos as it saves space on your course front page and makes it less cluttered. To get there click (1.) Add an Activity or Resource located at the bottom of each block week. (2.) Scroll down to and click Page. (3.) Click Add
(4.) Scroll to Content and make sure to click the Toolbar Toggle
1. First, you need to copy the embed code for the video on YouTube site. To do so, navigate to a video you would like to embed on YouTube site and (1.) find and click on Share option; (2.) next find and click on Embed option; (3.) click Show More (4.) look below the code box and make sure "Show suggested videos when video finishes" is un-checked; (5.) copy the code inside the box
2. Once you copy the code from YouTube site, navigate back to your Moodle course site and make sure your editing is turned on
3. Navigate to the section where you would like your video to be embedded, click + Add an activity or resource and select Page as directed above.
4. In the content editing block, click on Toolbar Toggle. (looks like a little keyboard in the upper left corner). Click on Edit HTML Source. Looks like (<>) On bottom row
5. It will open up a new pop-up window. Paste the code you copied from YouTube code in that window and click Update.
6. Your video will be previewed in Content editor. Click Save and display in order preview it on the page.