*Click on links to access detailed tutorials for each topic.
1. Update Grades
Add a Column in the Gradebook for any graded work that students did not submit electronically through a Moodle assignment or activity. Helpful Hint: you can use the Perform Bulk Insert option to quickly enter grades if most students earned the same number of points (like for a group presentation or bulk participation score).
2. Export Grades
If you want to save course grades as an Excel or Google Sheets file, you can easily export grades into a spread sheet. Remember that you can select which grade items to export--if you only need final grades, you can deselect all items in the "Grade items to be included" section (click "select all/none"), and then just select "Course Total".
3. Link Next Term's Courses to Moodle
While you're taking care of Moodle business, While you're taking care of Moodle business, remember to link next term's courses to Moodle via Moodle Controls at https://account.pacificu.edu/. See this tutorial for how to link your course. If the course content is the same, you can Import from the course you are wrapping up.
Helpful Hint: You can update all dates for Quizzes, Assignments, and other Moodle Activities from a single screen. See this tutorial for updating dates.
4. Course Availability
Note that user enrollment has changed slightly. In the past, students continued to have access to a course for 6 months after the course end date and faculty had access for 2 years after the course end date. Now, all users will have continuous access to the course indefinitely. Therefore, if you want to restrict student access to a course after it has ended, you will need to hide the course (see below). Once a course is hidden, it is no longer visible on the student Moodle Dashboard.
Many times we think of the end of the semester from the teacher’s perspective. Here are some things to keep in mind for students’ end of the semester to help them transition into the next semester successfully:
1. If you are using the Announcements forum remind your students to check their email for any announcements regarding the end of the semester to-do list.
2. Some students lose track of some of the assignments sometimes, especially if your course is assignments-heavy. Remind them to go back to Moodle course to make sure that there are no outstanding ones.
3. Often times students rent textbooks instead of buying them. Remind them to check if they borrowed or rented textbooks to either cancel their subscription or return borrowed items.
4. To transition to the next semester successfully and sign up for courses that pertain to completing their major remind them to meet with the Student Advisor to figure out where they are in their progress and what would be the next step in their academic studies.
5. Remind students to submit an application for Federal Student Aid if they take out student loans to pay for their education.
6. If students are close to graduation remind them to submit all required paperwork before the deadline so that they graduate on time.
The CETCI team is here to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our site at http://www.lib.pacificu.edu/cetci/.