Moodle allows you to embed a video housed on an external storage site, like Google Drive, anywhere you have a Content editing block:
We recommend using the Page resource for embedding videos as it saves space on your course front page and makes it less cluttered.
In order to embed the video, you need to copy video's embed code from Google Drive first.
1. Login to Google Drive and navigate to the video you would like to embed in Moodle. Click on the video to select it and then click on an "eye" icon to open the preview (you can also just double-click the video itself):
2. Up at the top, on the black task bar, in the right hand corner, select the Pop-out icon. Double click on it. (NOTE: Make sure you do not skip this step. Without it, you won't be able to get to embed code for your video!)
NOTE: before you embed your video do not forget to set the right Sharing Permissions so your students can actually see the video. You can set permissions by clicking on Share Icon up at the top.
3. The page should reload now. Once everything is loaded, select the More actions icon, from the top task bar, it looks like three little dots and from the dropdown menu, select Embed item:
4. In a pop-up window that opens select the embed code provided and copy it:
After you copy the code from Google Drive you are ready to bring it to Moodle.
5. Navigate to your Moodle course site, turn editing on, click + Add an activity or resource and select Page under RESOURCES section:
6. In the content editing block, if you don't see three rows of tools, click on Toolbar Toggle icon in the upper left corner. Click on Edit HTML Source on bottom row:
7. It will open up a new pop-up window. Paste the code you copied from Google Drive in that window and click Update:
8. Your video will be previewed in Content editor. Click Save and display in order preview it on the page: