Adding a New Category
1. Select Grades under from the left side of page.
2. Click on the Setup tab in the right-hand corner.
3. At bottom of the page, click on the add category button.
4. Configure the settings for this particular category:
- Give the category a name (e.g., Exams, quizzes, labs).
- Determine that aggregation type, which determines how grades in a category will be combined. Usually set this to the same aggregation type as you have selected for the overall grade book.
- You can select this category as a parent category and new child categories can be added within it.
NOTE: Quizzes is a parent category and it could contain two other categories (child categories) which can be labeled as "Pop quizzes before mid-term" and "Pop quizzes after mid-term."
- Item weight: The weight of the category in relation to other categories.
- Click on Save changes when finished.
To Edit Categories:
1. Click on the edit icon next to the category you wish to edit. The icon will look like this:
To Rearrange Categories:
1. To move a category up or down, select the move icon that looks like this, located to the left of the category or item:
3. Select the empty box to move the category to a new location.
4. Click the Save changes button when you are finished.